In the new age of customers, the name of the marketing game is ‘Customer experience,’ where the customer is a king with no sales pitches required. The bitter truth of the sales pros life is they can win at selling only when they can help customers to win in a way the customers prefer.
Salesforce automation software for the pharma industry is no different. It’s a highly adopted sales tool during the customer’s interaction to uncover the customer’s needs and propose the solution matching their needs. In this new era of digital selling, the sales team is spending more time in virtually connecting with the customers through data-driven approaches, which is good.
But, still, the SFAs are underscoring.
They are not allowing the sales team to perform to peak efficiency and win a large number of customers. Why is it so? What’s preventing the SFAs from delivering holistic selling experiences? What needs to be enhanced to improve the SFAs effectiveness? The answer to all lies in a couple of variables or parameters that improve sales force efficiency. Let’s dive in!
Top-level management empowerment
Most of the pharma companies’ laser focus on the sales reps’ efforts, but what managers are doing in increasing the team’s efficiency is less often considered. The first line manager needs to be empowered to amplify the sales reps performance on the field in a myriad ways such as:
- The manager can define the sales target at the sales rep level to analyze every individual performance or achievement and allocate the remaining percentage of the target prudently to keep the sales reps on the field and work meticulously.
- The time consumed in customer interaction such as call planning, average calling time, call frequency, and face-to-face interaction must be monitored regularly to ensure the sales reps are investing the time smartly and can be corrected if required.
- The follow-up records analysis reveals the insights like- the sales reps are doing better or not, and if needed, the customer can be reallocated to the right sales reps or proper training and inputs can be provided to the same sales reps.
- Linking the market research data with SFAs unleashes the efforts Vs. results for the list of customers. Plus, the creation of the execution benchmarks helps in validating whether the performance levels of sales force activity matches the objective or not.
Finally, the marketing strategy must be assessed from top to bottom to identify the strategy execution wellness and the differences in the results. Considering the market response is vital to know the changes-to-make or new things-to-add to the strategy for the next round.
Focus shift from efforts to results is essential
The success of sales force automation is not determined by the efforts made, but the results or benefits sales reps get. This is what lacking in the SFAs for the pharma industry and hindering growth. It can be avoided by including the parameters that help in measuring success, which are:
- Mapping the primary sales data with the CRM platform is all-important to allow the sales reps to track the sales achievement.
- The prescription data and sales data can be directly linked to efforts, in addition to capturing engagement efforts, rating, and other inputs.
- The doctor’s prescription analysis enables the companies to track how much the doctors are considering the products of their companies.
Tap into Social channels
Leveraging social power, the companies can easily reach out to the customers and gain a competitive advantage over others. The social platforms help in gaining the customer’s feedback at a constant pace, monitoring the social trends and customer behaviour, turning the negative feedback into the convincingly positive message through proactive response, and making the delivery process value-driven.
Besides, with no regulatory or compliance adherence on social media usage for pharma companies, it’s an effective integration to listen to the customers, understand the needs, and provide the solution accordingly.
The technological intelligence is a universally known quotient in the sales force automation, but it can be made more marketing-aligned with the addition of a few variables such as top-line manager’s active involvement (which has become passe’), shifting the focus to results rather than efforts, and social integration. Complementing the SFAs with variables helps in broadening the SFA utilization as a tool and address all the challenges that alone SFA is not able to resolve.
Don’t overlook the sales and marketing effort indicators! Make them an integral part of sales force automation to get a complete solution, which increases the customer-win ratio and positively influences the pharma market.